Today when you put on that black outfit, black makeup, black shoes and combed your black hair, did you remember to put on the "Armor of God"? No Christian Goth should start the day without it! It is so often forgotten in the mad rush to start the day, but is oh so important. A quick review of the armor:
1. Helmet of Salvation: For protection of your mind and thinking against the lies of the wicked one. So that all your responses today ~ no matter what the circumstances (through words or actions) be according to the Father's will.
2. Breastplate of Righteousness: For the protection of your emotions and your heart, so that you will be able to respond spiritually, not emotionally.
3. Belt of Truth: That you may be reminded that you are a child of Christ and He is in control of your life.
4. Feet Fitted with the Readiness: That wherever you may go you will be available to be used as an instrument of peace.
5. Shield of Faith: To be able to quench the fiery darts of the wicked one. To walk in faith trusting in the Lord and not yourself.
6. Sword of the Spirit: That you speak His Word with strength and
accuracy. The sword is the Word of God - read it, study it, know it!
* "praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints." -ephesians 6 18
Then, accessorize with these!:
Father God, everyday help me to remember to put on Your Armor. I need this armor to protect my mind from things that are not of You, I need it to guard my heart from acting on emotions rather then with Your Spirit, I daily need it to remind myself that I am a child of Yours and that I do not serve satan anymore. I need the armor to be an instrument of peace and not react with my old nature. When those fiery darts start flying I need your armor to sheild myself from them, and Lord, let Your Words speak through me to those in darkness, penetrating the enemy and crushing his plans. In Yeshua's (Jesus) Name, Amen.